Teeth Whitening in Vinton, VA
Teeth whitening is an easy and affordable way to take years off your appearance and really give your self-confidence a boost. No matter how well you brush, your teeth naturally get dull and discolored over time.
Substances like coffee, tea, wine, and especially tobacco products make your teeth stained and dark-looking, detracting from your appearance. These stains cannot be removed with regular brushing, even if you use teeth whitening toothpastes purchased at your drug store.
We focus on making sure your smile is healthy, but a smile that is healthy and beautiful is even better! Our dental office in Vinton offers both professional in-office teeth whitening and take-home whitening kits for your convenience.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Dr. Law starts the professional teeth whitening process by applying a protective gel to your gums to prevent irritation. A whitening gel is then carefully applied to each tooth to make sure all surfaces are completely covered for nice, even results. Finally, we use a special light to speed up the results of the whitening.
A take-home kit includes a custom-made whitening tray that fits snugly over your teeth. The kit also contains a whitening gel that you place in the tray. We’ll instruct you on how to use the tray and tell you often and how long it should be worn (usually between 15 and 30 minutes at a time) to achieve desired results.
Pros & Cons of Professional In-Office and Take-Home Teeth Whitening
Both types of whitening will provide dramatic results. We believe that you should be fully informed about your options, so we’ve listed the pros and cons of each. We will be happy to help you decide which will work best based on your budget and the results you want.
Advantages of professional in-office teeth whitening are:
- You see results in an hour or less.
- Teeth can be whitened by up to eight shades.
- Since we’re trained professionals, we can reduce the chance of gum irritation.
- You can sit back and relax while the whitening is done by our trained staff.
Disadvantages of in-office whitening are:
- Professional teeth whitening is more costly.
- You must take time out of your busy schedule to visit our office.
Advantages of professional take-home teeth whitening kits are:
- They are more affordable than in-office whitening.
- You have the convenience of whitening at your own pace.
- You can whiten while getting other things done at home.
Disadvantages of take-home whitening are:
- It takes longer to see results.
- You have to deal with using the whitening gel properly and taking care of the whitening trays.
- You may feel some irritation if you use too much gel.
Contact Our Office if You Have Questions
We will be happy to answer questions about which type of teeth whitening treatment will work best for you. You should be fully informed before making any decisions, so please feel free to call our dental office in Vinton at (540) 342-4945, and we’ll schedule a convenient appointment to discuss your options.