Tooth Extraction in Vinton, VA
Preserving your natural teeth and keeping them healthy is our top priority. But sometimes a situation develops where extracting a tooth becomes necessary to protect your oral health.
Dr. Law and our caring and compassionate team have helped many patients who need a tooth extracted. We know that tooth extraction can be challenging for most people, and our goal is to make the experience as stress-free as possible.
Reasons for Tooth Extraction
Some of the more common reasons for removing a tooth are:
- Advanced Decay – A decayed tooth is so damaged that there is not enough healthy tooth structure left to save it with other treatments.
- Root Canal Infection – Infection has penetrated the root canal and cannot be eliminated with traditional treatment.
- Damage Due to Dental Trauma – A tooth is broken or deeply fractured and cannot be saved any other way.
- Crowded Wisdom Teeth – Wisdom teeth often create crowding and may need to be removed to ensure proper alignment of surrounding teeth.
- Preparation for Dentures – In preparation for full or partial dentures, several or all teeth may need to be removed.
- Orthodontic Treatment – In some cases, a child may need to have some baby teeth extracted to make sure that permanent teeth grow in properly.
Compassionate Care to Reduce Anxiety
Some patients feel anxious about any trip to the dentist, and almost everyone experiences some stress about having a tooth extracted. This reaction is very common, and you can be assured that we are sensitive to your concerns. With our compassionate approach and updated technology, extractions performed at our dental office in Vinton are nothing to worry about.
Dr. Law will help you decide if sedation is needed and what will work best for you. Sedation options like nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and prescription medications can significantly reduce your anxiety and help to calm you. Our professional team is trained to offer support and will be on hand throughout the entire procedure to make sure you are completely comfortable.
When the procedure is done, someone will stay with you until we are sure that you are ready to go home. We provide instructions for after-care and are always available by phone to answer any questions you may have once you return home.
Contact Our Office for More Information
If you have questions about tooth extraction, please contact our dental office in Vinton at (540) 342-4945. You can rest assured that your treatment will be handled by our friendly, caring team who will listen to your concerns and make sure that you have the most comfortable experience possible.