Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At the Vinton, VA dental office of Dr. Zachary Law, we strive to keep our patients educated and informed about the importance of proper oral health habits. We've found that patients who are well-informed and feel confident in their knowledge about their oral health have better outcomes, and we know that you want the best results possible from your dental care.
Your questions are important to us, and no question is ever too small. We are happy to answer your questions about our practice, the services we provide, your home-care routine, or dentistry in general.
We will take the time to explain the benefits of our services to help you make appropriate decisions about your oral health care. For your convenience, we've listed a few of the questions we hear most often from our patients, but please don't hesitate to contact our office at (540) 342-4945 if your question isn't listed here or you would like more information. A helpful member of our team will be happy to help you get the answers you need.
We are here to help, and we look forward to hearing from you!
- Can I get in to see you the same day?
- Do you treat children?
- How often do I need to have my teeth cleaned?
- What happens during a dental checkup?
- Why do my gums bleed when I brush?
- I have missing teeth. What can you do to help me?
- How does teeth whitening work?
- How do I know if I need a root canal?
- Why are today’s dentures more comfortable than older dentures?
- Why do I need to have my tooth extracted?
- What insurance do you accept?
- What are dental crowns used for?
- How should I take care of my new dentures?
- Why are my teeth so dull-looking?
- Are silver fillings safe?
- How are dental bridges different from crowns?
- Will people notice my new crown?
- Do you offer tooth-colored fillings?
- How do I know if my child is getting enough fluoride?
- I’m anxious about having my tooth pulled. How can you help?
- How do you treat gum disease?
- How can I get used to my new dentures?
- How long does it take to get a dental crown placed?
- What is a dental bridge used for?
- Do you offer take-home teeth whitening kits?
- What are the advantages of tooth-colored fillings?
- Why does my child need dental sealants?
- How do I know if I need a deep cleaning?
- When should I schedule my child’s first visit with Dr. Law?
- What happens during a root canal?
- Does my baby need to have cavities filled?
- When should I bring my child for their first dental visit?
- How can you keep me comfortable during a root canal?